Tuesday 25 May 2010

An insult to allow Chinese to make our Olympic film

TWO more years to go until the Olympics and I wonder how many more embarrassments the great British public will have to endure.

The first big embarrassment was at the closing ceremony of the last Olympics in China. A red bus, nice idea, an ageing rocker and a dance troupe who quite frankly looked so threatening in their hoodies I should imagine it would put a lot of people off coming to the UK.

Then of course there is the famous Olympic logo and the two zany-looking mascots ("One-eyed monsters? No just the Olympic mascots", May 20)

They are meant to appeal to children but I could think of far nicer images to create than these two weirdos.

Now we find out a Chinese company is behind the animation of these two ("British firms' fury as 2012 Olympics promo film is made in China", May 24).

How insulting to the British animation industry. I would love to know exactly who approves these very odd, very un-British ideas, and quite frankly I dread what is to come in the opening and closing ceremonies. I think I may have to keep the television firmly off for these two events which I usually enjoy very much.

Jennifer Attwood
Maidenhead, Berks

No comments:

Post a Comment